Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Using Technology in Physical Education

Using technology in Physical Education can be very beneficial for students. I had the opportunity to use a toy called the Hyper Dash. This toy can be used by holding the Hyper Dash in one hand and spreading the color spots out. Each color spot is a different color with a different number on it. Students listen to the Hyper Dash and it would say either a color such as "blue" or a math problem such as "4+1" depending on the level the Hyper dash was set to. This toy could help pre school students who are learning their colors or older students who are learning math equations such as addition or subtraction. I could use the Hyper Dash in my classroom by creating a relay race. I know relay races aren't the best things in physical education classes, because many kids stand around, but this relay race would be different since it would also involve concepts students are learning in the classroom. In the relay race, the first student would perform a locomotor movement to where the the Hyper Dash was set up. The student would listen to the Hyper Dash and answer the question. If the student got the question right they would perform the locomotor movement back to the next person in line. If the student got the question wrong they would have to do ten jumping jacks before they could do the locomotor movement back to the next student in line. If the questions on the Hyper Dash were too easy for the students I would set the Hyper Dash to a harder level.

Another game we used in lab was called Dance Dance Revolution, also known as DDR. This game was so much fun and I really enjoyed playing it. It was actually quite the workout and by the end of the game I was pretty tired and actually sweating. I believe students would have so much fun playing this game in a physical education class. It would definitely get them moving and tire them out. Also students would be able to challenge themselves by playing the game on the hard level or even the expert level. I hope I have the opportunity to have my students play DDR in my classroom.




                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment